Speardiver Barebones Carbon Spearfishing Knife
Slim profile nitrogen infused stainless steel spearfishing knife
All steels contain some nitrogen which is effective in improving the mechanical and corrosion properties of steels if it remains in solid solution or precipitates as very fine and coherent nitrides. When nitrogen is added to austenitic steels it can simultaneously improve fatigue life, strength, work hardening rate, wear and localized corrosion resistance. High nitrogen martensitic stainless steels show improved resistance to localized pitting, crevice and intergranular corrosion over their carbon containing counterparts. Because of this, the high nitrogen steels are being considered a new promising class of engineering materials.
- Total knife length: 7.08" (18cm).
- Knife weight: 2.9oz (85g).
- Handle length: 3.4" (8.6cm).
- Handle material: Nitrogen infused stainless Steel with carbon grips.
- Blade length: 3.3" (8.3cm).
- Blade thickness: 0.15" (4mm).
- Blade characteristics: Nitrogen infused stainless steel, red coated.
- Sheath weight: 0.49oz (14g).
- Quality Made In Italy.
- Excellent backup/secondary knife due to its small size and slim profile.
- Constructed of a single solid piece of Nitrogen infused stainless steel.
- Red coated Nitrogen infused stainless steel blade for maximum corrosion resistance.
- Serrated edge to cut mono, cable, or fish. The serrated edge easily cuts through 400lb mono and is capable of cutting through stainless steel cable.
- A slot in the blade is a spear extractor.
- Quick release sheath, knife snaps into place securely.
- Sheath can be belt or calf mounted with included straps.