Speardiver C100 Fin Blade
Single Speardiver C100 carbon freediving fin blade
Single Speardiver C100 carbon freediving fin blade.
Carbon fins general information
Carbon fiber fins are universally accepted as the best performing fins for spearfishing and freediving. Carbon fins are faster and weigh less than plastic and fiberglass fins. Faster refers to how quickly the fins release the stored energy acquired from being flexed, in other words how they instantly spring back to straight in the water after your kick, resulting in superior propulsion. Being lighter carbon fins are easier to kick allowing divers to swim for longer periods of time without tiring out the legs.
The manufacturing process and materials (carbon fiber and resin) used in the production of carbon blades, must result in blades that are consistent in stiffness and flex characteristics, and most importantly durable. This is no simple task for aspiring small companies offering their single product (fins) in today's saturated carbon fins market. Speardiver Carbon Fins are part of the Speardiver line of proven high quality spearfishing gear, and have met these criteria since their introduction in 2009. Attention to small but very important details such as correct blade surface area (blade length and width), correct toe angle, and quality water channeling rails and rails for installation in foot pockets, have put Speardiver fins ahead of the competition. Our experience with practically all foot pockets available, enables us to manufacture carbon blades that will combine well with different foot pockets, to precisely meet the requirements of an individual diver. Read reviews from divers using Speardiver carbon fins
Speardiver C100 carbon blades features
- Two year warranty on carbon blades (normal conditions of use). No warranty on blades installed in Pathos foot pockets.
- Medium stiffness (M) A light fast blade for all around diving.
- Fit all standard foot pockets.
- Blade length: 34" (86cm).
- Complete fin length (blade and foot pocket) approximately 39" (100cm) depending on foot pocket size.
- Blade width: 8.27" (21cm).
- Blade weight (medium stiffness): 15oz (420g).
- 25º built in toe angle.
- Water channeling rails for stabilization.
- Foot pocket rails for easy installation of the blades in foot pockets. No gluing is needed.
All modular freediving fin systems that don't require gluing use the rail system for installing blades in the foot pockets. Foot pocket rails are different than water channeling rails. Water channeling rails are important for stabilizing the fin in the water and protecting the blade edges against impact, without adding unnecessary weight to the blade. Most manufacturers cut corners with this aspect of fin making, using a single type of rail for both water channeling and foot pocket installation. We designed and manufactured the Speardiver foot pocket rails specifically for this task. Foot pocket rail shape is important for ease of installation of the blades in the foot pockets, and the holding power of the foot pocket tendons over the blade. Read more about fin rails
In addition to rails modular foot pockets use an installation kit to securely fix the blade in the foot pocket. The kits, consisting of two plastic plates and two stainless steel screws, require two small screw holes in the blade near the toe angle. The holes will be in different positions on the blade for different foot pockets.
Speardiver carbon blades are provided with or without foot pocket rails installed. If the "installed" option is selected please specify your foot pockets and the size in the message field at checkout. We will cut the rails to length and install them on the blades for exact fit with your foot pockets. This is important because different foot pockets have different length tendons, and require rails to start and end at different points. If "not installed" is selected we'll send enough rail material with the blades for installation in any foot pockets, and the customer glues the rails on.
* Installation with a foot pocket kit by making holes in the blade is an alteration to the blade. We will not refund or exchange altered blades. Blades can be tested using a temporary installation, by fitting inside the foot pockets and taping the tendons to blade with clear packaging tape. If you're not sure which blade stiffness you need please contact us before ordering.
Speardiver C100 carbon fins in action
- Blade Type
- Carbon Blades