Speardiver Scrambler Spearfishing Knife
Compact stainless steel spearfishing knife with easy twist shape
- Quality Made In Italy.
- Total knife length: 7.67" (19.5cm).
- Blade length: 3.54" (9cm).
- Handle length: 4.23" (10.5cm).
- Blade thickness: 0.15" (4mm).
- Blade characteristics: Polished W 1.4116 stainless steel tempered to a 55-56HRC hardness.
- Knife weight: 2.67oz (75g).
- Handle material: Polypropylene
- Sheath weight: 1.27oz (36g)
- Choice of rubber straps; Marseilles (belt type) or with quick release plastic buckle
- The distinguishing feature of this compact kill knife is the reduced width (crescent shape) near the handle, which makes it easier to twist and turn the knife once pushed into the fish's head, to quickly dispatch it.
- Serrated edge to cut mono, cable, or fish. The serrated edge easily cuts through 400lb mono and is capable of cutting through stainless steel cable.
- The blade is very stiff, it can be used to chip away rock to retrieve a stuck shaft, without fear of bending the knife tip or breaking the blade.
- Full length solid stainless steel construction for maximum corrosion resistance.
- 3 ways of securing the knife in the sheath; Using the built in rubber loop that goes over the end of the handle, the loop is removable. Using an optional lanyard/bungee cord to loop over the tip of the sheath. Or both.
- Sheath can be calf or belt mounted.
We prefer removing the rubber loop and using a lanyard/bungee, we find it to be the most secure system. In an emergency the bungee is stretchy enough to pull the knife out of the sheath by force without first disengaging the bungee. Still the knife will never come out on its own. The bungee loop can be used to put your hand through when dealing with a strong fish to avoid dropping the knife if you lose your grip by accident.
If knife is calf mounted make sure it's on the inside of the calf to reduce the possibility of entanglement with discarded fishing line.