Speargun Rubber Bands Made To Order
Speargun rubber bands custom made to length with Speardiver small hole rubber tubing
Speargun bands custom made to your specified length with Speardiver small hole rubber tubing, reusable black plastic quick-tie wishbone inserts, and %100 Spectra 1.9mm white wishbone line. Band length in the drop-down selection menu refers to the length of the rubber tubing end to end, it does not include the additional length of the wishbone inserts and line. If you're looking for speargun rubber that will stretch to %400, hold energy in a loaded state for a long duration with minimal power loss, and have a continuous smooth release instead of a burst that results in muzzle kick and reduced speargun accuracy, then this is the rubber tubing for you.
Rubber tubing diameters
Rubber tubing colors
- Black (Black exterior over Amber interior)
- Red (Red exterior over Black interior)
*Note We can't recommend a band length based on your speargun model/length. Every speargun has a different configuration, location of muzzle band holes, spear loading tabs/notches, and trigger mechanism, which adds up to different band stretch. So is every user's physical ability to pull the bands. You can use your old bands for reference. If that's not available here's a general formula used to achieve %300 band stretch (which is conservative ie. not very hard to pull). Measure the distance from the band hole in the speargun muzzle to the tab or notch on which the band will be loaded. Multiply this measurement x 2 (because the band is stretched over both sides of the speargun) then divide the resulting number by 3. This is the measurement to provide us when ordering a band. We disregard the additional length of the wishbones + line because it more or less offsets the length of rubber tubing lost when routing it through the muzzle. It's better to have a band made too long than too short, if it ends up being too long/weak the wishbone line can be shortened, or one end of the rubber tubing can always be cut shorter and retied. Note* on spearguns shorter than 100cm (barrel length) %300 stretch becomes hard to pull, you may want to add a couple of inches. Bottom line is band length is your decision and responsibility.
Understanding rubber tubing specifications
For conventional 5/8" (16mm) speargun bands add 1/4" left wall thickness + 1/8" ID/hole + 1/4" right wall thickness for a total of 5/8" OD. The specification for typical 5/8" speargun bands is 1/8 X 1/4 (ID X Wall).
In contrast Speardiver small hole rubber tubing ID is reduced by half (1/16") and the wall is increased by 1/32". The tubing has a smaller hole and maintains 5/8" OD. The specification for Speardiver small hole 5/8" rubber tubing is 1/16 X 9/32. The same formula applies to all Speardiver small hole rubber tubing: 14mm, 16mm, 17.5mm and 19mm.
Why we use this format for speargun rubber tubing
- Speargun rubber tubing is made of Latex/natural rubber which comes from the sap of the rubber tree. Latex in its natural form is Amber in color and is less resistant to sunlight. A thin outer layer of the same Latex with color dye mixed in gives the tubing its distinctive color and adds UV protection, extending the life and performance of the band. The same UV protection is achieved when the rubber is fully dyed to any color. For aesthetics and product differentiation we use the classic Black over Amber, and Red over Black for speargun band tubing. Same performance characteristics are maintained independently of color scheme.
- Cut open a band open after a day of spearfishing and you'll see water come out of the hole. The cycles of stretching and compression draw water into the band no matter how well you tie the wishbone, and it remains trapped there. Salt water damages the band from the inside, you can see this layer of deteriorated rubber immediately around the hole of a used band. The small 1/16" hole significantly lessens water intrusion into the band, improving performance and increasing longevity.
- Less hole equals more rubber at the same diameter, which equals more power without increasing the profile of your speargun.
Speardiver 1/16" ID tubing next to conventional 1/8" ID tubing
For super easy band making and professional results, use the Speardiver quick-tie wishbone inserts system with Speardiver wishbone spectra and band tying twine.