Contoured carbon speargun tube with track
%100 carbon contoured (AKA cuttlefish) speargun barrel with built in track, matte finish
Speardiver contoured (AKA cuttlefish) carbon speargun tube with built in track and matte finish. If you need a rigid light carbon tube to bring up the bands in-line with the shaft to reduce recoil and improve accuracy, with enough internal volume to float a large capacity stainless steel reel, this is the tube for you. If not using a reel, the contoured carbon tube combined with the Speardiver RTX speargun handle, open muzzle and 7mm shaft, requires 140 grams of lead in the front and 50 grams in the back to sink the speargun.
The contoured carbon speargun tube has a standard inner diameter of 26mm at both ends to fit most handles and muzzles, 2mm wall thickness, and an outer diameter of 30mm at the ends. The bottom of the track is 3.5mm higher than the round tube interior, and the tops of the track ridges are 4mm higher than the round tube interior.
This tube fits the peg (and tube track lines up) with the following components
- Speardiver open muzzle.
- Speardiver Cobra open/closed muzzle.
- Speardiver roller muzzle.
- Speardiver RTX handle.
- Ermes Avatar speargun handle and muzzle.
- Many standard speargun handles and muzzles from other manufacturers with peg ID close to 26mm. Some adjustments to components may be necessary, such as reducing the peg diameter a little by sanding or using a shim to increase diameter. The peg will fit and the track will line up.
- Any custom wood hybrid build.
* Please do not contact us for information on how to seal tubes. You may choose the "Plug tube" option before adding it to the cart, then specify the distance of the plugs from each tube end in the message field at checkout. We'll plug it and guarantee no water intrusion.
Carbon barrels are very strong and can withstand high stress from most directions, but are susceptible to cracking when expansion force is applied to the tube walls from the inside. More so when the tube is manufactured using a two piece mold as is the case with this contoured tube. Round tubes are manufactured with a mandrel and are less susceptible. For successful assembly the insert peg diameter of speargun handles and muzzles must closely match the inner diameter of the carbon tube. There should be little resistance when inserting the peg in the tube, the fit should be snug not tight. Forcing a handle or muzzle into a tube opening that's too small may crack the carbon tube. When necessary, reduce the insert peg diameter by sanding incrementally, working carefully and testing fit at every stage.